Monday, June 30, 2008

Empowerment

Today was the last day of our family's Writing Month and I have just completed my 50,000 word novel. The end of it is very skeletal and rushed but I did it and maybe in a couple of weeks I will have the gumption to go back and start editing it. For now, I am just tickled pink that such an enormous volume of creative work has been completed and that I actually did what I set out to do. There is a wonderful feeling that comes from accomplishing a goal, especially a crazy but entirely measurable goal. It's the feeling of empowerment. I just achieved a dream I thought was impossible. What other impossible things could be accomplished?

Of course, I cannot take the glory for myself. Even on such a temporal level, this novel I have written is a gift from God. Many nights Scott and I would pray for the determination and the creativity to keep writing. I know that my Heavenly Father wanted to help me with this because my success in this very worldly matter is still important to Him. Because He loves me and wants me to succeed in all of my righteous desires.

No comments: