Friday, September 19, 2008

An Award

Heather Farley (aka TopHat) passed along to me the "You Make My Day" award--and that made my day! It's always comforting to know that I'm not just yammering to myself here, and even better to know that someone else appreciates what I have to say!

RULES about this little award:
(1) give this to people whose blogs mean something special to you - or give it to the blogs whose persons mean something special to you
(2) leave a comment on their blog so they know they got it
(3) you get to pick the number of times you give it


I would like to pass this award on to:
* Jennie Yri, whose writing blog is my favorite and whose blog about politics routes out the cynic in me;
* Audrey Duede, my hillarious mother-in-law who writes about adventures in knitting and keeps me updated on the status of my husband's childhood pets;
* Alisha Stamper, a stay-at-home photographer who takes glorious pictures of things moms see everyday;
* and Russel Stevenson, who helps me stay abreast of issues in the news and challenges (and strengthens) the way I think about my faith.

I am grateful that I can stay in touch with my friends and family as well as be stimulated by their experiences and ideas. Reading your blogs keeps me thinking.

4 comments:

mk said...

I awarded you too (just letting you know, since that's one of the rules and all ...)

Russtafarian said...

Awww...thank you Carolyn!

*Ahem* "And I am grateful to stand before you today, brethren and sistren, to accept this award...it is a tremendous honor..."

Ash said...

I feel a bit guilty because I read other blogs passively. I find blogs a handy tool to keep up to date with what people are up to. I've got yours bookmarked. :)

Russtafarian said...

Ah yes...my blog did precisely what I hoped it would do...elicit a nice hearty, "No, no, no." It was a loaded question, a nice heresthetical maneuver (aka "Would you rather pay your taxes or be an unpatriotic slimebag?")