Saturday, November 15, 2008

Scott's Work with Translation

After I finished my post yesterday, I continued thinking about the value of the scriptures. In particular, I was thinking about the peace I had found while reading the Doctrine and Covenants.

Then my husband came home from his business trip in California. He spent a week there, assembling and training the team who would translate the Doctrine and Covenants into Hmong. It was a long week for me and I was so glad to see him again.

But even as I embraced him, I realized how important that trip had been. I wouldn't have kept him here for anything. I am so proud of him and so grateful to be a part of the work he is doing. After enjoying that very book he was working to offer the Hmong people, I want to offer everything I have, even the precious time spent with my husband, to build up the kingdom of God.

Scott's job is a tender mercy from the Lord to us. Even when he is traveling.

No comments: