Monday, July 28, 2008

God is Just and Merciful

I am grateful for this teaching of the prophet Abinadi: "The time shall come when all shall see the salvation of the Lord; when every nation, kindred, tongue, and people shall see eye to eye and shall confess before God that his judgments are just." When I look at the great inequality in the world and wonder why I have been blessed with all the greatest temporal and spiritual blessings of this life when others have so little, I remember this scripture. When I despair of every being able to make a difference in this world, I remember that Christ has already made the difference that will matter in the end. I can still reach out with compassion to those around me but when that cannot alleviate their greatest needs, I must trust in their Savior, and mine.

No comments: